Survivor’s Guide To Money Online Group License
$200.00 / Seat
Great for teams, support groups, and financial literacy learning! Our SGTM Online Group License allows you to be the group leader for any number of participants in the Survivor’s Guide To Money online course (also available individually here).
How it works:
- Purchase a seat for each person in your group—and make sure to add yourself in that headcount!
- You can always add more group members later, if needed.
- You will be the group leader and will send out invites to the members of your course.
Questions on the process? Check out our Getting Started guide »
About the Survivor’s Guide To Money Curriculum: Making Money a Tool For Your Success
Based on the original curriculum in the SGTM workbook, this online course has updates, expanded content, interactive lessons, videos and more.
Money is often used as a weapon against trafficked individuals, keeping them dependent on their trafficker or living in fear of poverty. Survivor leader and The Avery Center co-founder Megan Lundstrom wrote this interactive course to teach survivors how to use money as a tool for their success outside of The Game.
This course focuses on practical lessons, real-life examples, and interactive worksheets designed to aid in the processing of financial trauma and create new and lasting habits around money. If you’ve recently left The Game, or are considering your options for leaving, this course can help you implement practical financial steps that make it possible.
In addition to personal examples, Megan includes published research about financial abuse and resources for stabilizing your financial situation. Homework includes worksheets with real-life examples and hypothetical situations demonstrating and working through the following:
- How to track and review cash flows
- Reviewing and storing your critical identification documents
- Understanding the difference between legal and illegal predatory financial practices
- The true cost of predatory payday loans and rent-to-own companies
- Understanding your post-tax take-home income and income tax brackets
- Separating your worth as an individual from your paycheck
- Dealing with culture shock entering the workforce after The Game
- Methods for making Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, and Time-Based (SMART) goals
- How to create your own financial and support safety net
- Step-by-step processes for dealing with personal and financial catastrophes so that you can prevent and prepare
- Exposing extreme financial behaviors and learning how to act with more moderation
- Researching methods for ending poverty
- Processing people in your life who may have too much, or too little, access to you
- Moving from a fixed mindset to a growth mindset
- Understanding The Four Forms of Capital and how you can leverage them to move yourself forward
- Discovering that “overnight success” is a myth
- Creating an actionable poverty exit plan
There are no reviews yet.